• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I dont like morphine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like morphine

I had an operation on Friday and was put on morphine for when I regained consciousness. It was bloomin awful! I felt woolly & fuzzy and totally out of it.
    I guess that's the point, but I stopped it as soon as possible.
    Anyway it was more discomfort than pain, I'm back home now and feeling great.

Hope I don't ever have to have that again.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Hope you're feeling better Pogle..
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      WSS
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        I had an operation on Friday and was put on morphine for when I regained consciousness. It was bloomin awful! I felt woolly & fuzzy and totally out of it.
        I guess that's the point, but I stopped it as soon as possible.
        Anyway it was more discomfort than pain, I'm back home now and feeling great.

Hope I don't ever have to have that again.
        I thought Moorfield was going in for the snip and you were a bird. Maybe he was a pre-op?
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          WSS
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I once had some at the dentist and felt on top of the world. I understood straight away why people get adicted to it.

Fortunately I'm made of sterner stuff than most junkies and I've decided not to take any more until I'm 95, dribbling and pi55ing myself.

Comment

Is there anything better than getting Class A drugs under medical supervision? I had morphine once after some surgery and it was quite lovely

Hope you're feeling better Pogle.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Anyway it was more discomfort than pain
                That's the point of the morphine, you feel the pain but you somehow don't care.

I had an 'on demand' morphine button when I was in hospital having my shattered elbow wired up, it done the trick as I franticly pressed every time I woke up, this went on for 3 days!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I had an operation on Friday and was put on morphine for when I regained consciousness. It was bloomin awful! I felt woolly & fuzzy and totally out of it. ..
                  I'm like that after a teaspoonful of Benylin.

What was the op, er, no I shouldn't really ask
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

look after yourself.

get mr Pogle to wait on you, lots of tea and sympathy
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X