• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

homing device

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homing device

Does anyone know if I can get a cheapish version of a james bond style homing device to attach to my property, so if I get something nicked (a bag, bike, etc) I can track it, and go round and collect it?

You can get smallish GPS tracking devices, but they cost more than the things you want to track.

http://www.bluetreeservices.co.uk/prices.php4

This is an alternative (non GPS) solution:

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/reviews...g-device.phtml

Comment

Why not store a tomtom with your laptop? If your laptop bag gets stolen you can track the tomtom using GPS, and then when you need to find your way home, hey presto! you have an instant guide.

HTH
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Just tie string to your items. If one goes missing simply follow the string - A simple and effective tracking device.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Just tie string to your items. If one goes missing simply follow the string - A simple and effective tracking device.

Comment

i was really after something for about £100 small enough to sew into the lining of the wife's handbag, that I could then track within a wide range (50 miles or so). Then, the next time some scally nicks her bag on the train I can track them down and beat them to a pulp. Or more likely track down an empty bag in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
              i was really after something for about £100 small enough to sew into the lining of the wife's handbag, that I could then track within a wide range (50 miles or so). Then, the next time some scally nicks her bag on the train I can track them down and beat them to a pulp. Or more likely track down an empty bag in the park.
              Yes, your wife of course knows you've sown a tracking device into her handbag.

Honestly.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                i was really after something for about £100 small enough to sew into the lining of the wife's handbag, that I could then track within a wide range (50 miles or so). Then, the next time some scally nicks her bag on the train I can track them down and beat them to a pulp
                the next time you suspect your wife is with her lover, you can find the guilty pair and beat seven shades out of him?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes, your wife of course knows you've sown a tracking device into her handbag.
                  sewn

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Version 2.0 of this is to replace the string with elastic. Your property will return all on its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X