• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Who? I think it will be Adlington, with Hoy second.

I think the credit crunch has come at the wrong time for rich-boy Hamilton, and his lack of an interesting personality doesn't help, but the boy done good and he might snatch third.

Hmmm... I thought Hamilton was a dead cert? Looking at oddschecker it seems not.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Who? I think it will be Adlington, with Hoy second.

I think the credit crunch has come at the wrong time for rich-boy Hamilton, and his lack of an interesting personality doesn't help, but the boy done good and he might snatch third.
      Rich-Boy?

Comment

I think he means that people are more likely to vote for someone who has the common touch rather than someone who earns £20m for driving round in circles.

Credit crunch innit.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Why would Adlington be preferred to Hoy? He won more medals and was part of a cycling team who were incredibly successful.

I still think Hamilton is a good shout though.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I think he means that people are more likely to vote for someone who has the common touch rather than someone who earns £20m for driving round in circles.

Credit crunch innit.
            Well Hamilton comes from a Stevenage council estate, you can't get much more common than that.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Between Adlington, Hoy and Hamilton I think Hoy should be given the award.

Comment

The title Sports Personality of the Year always makes me smile; the majority of them don't appear to have one.

Comment

OJ has got a lot of personality
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Rich-Boy?
                    Yes, what gingerjedi said. I've got nothing against him, but Formula One and it's obsession with money isn't getting good press at the moment.

Some people will compare Hamilton's £30 million a year with Adlington's £15,000 a year, many think Adlington's achievement was greater, Adlington has more personality...

Hoy got one more gold medal than her.

Comment

Working...
                    X