• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank idiots blame government idiots…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank idiots blame government idiots…

Mortgage lenders attack Labour on bank policies
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Banks lend to idiots that can't afford to pay back on assets that are WAY overvalued and get into financial tulip.

New Labour gives billions £££ of our tax money to said banks to save them from bankruptcy.

Banks stop lending and start rebuilding their balance sheets.

New Labour attacks banks for not lending again to people who can't afford to pay back on assets that are WAY overvalued.

And you ******* idiots think Brown is some sort of hero?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Banks lend to idiots that can't afford to pay back on assets that are WAY overvalued and get into financial tulip.

New Labour gives billions £££ of our tax money to said banks to save them from bankruptcy.

New Labour attacks banks for not lending again to people who can't afford to pay back on assets that are WAY overvalued.

Erm, don't go thinking I'm a fan of Mr Brown. It seems to me that the banks are the original idiots for lending stupid amounts to people. Then we have Mr Brown who borrowed stupid amounts to waste on stupid government projects. Then we have the uneducated masses who can barely be expected to know any better, given the state of the education system.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Who thinks Brown is a hero?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Who thinks Brown is a hero?
          I think the choice is whether we go cold turkey or ease our way out of the mess with the hare of the dog. I think too many people will end up fooked if we do the former, we are in too deep. And for that reason I'm not voting again next election.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It seems to me that the banks are the original idiots for lending stupid amounts to people.
            No, Brown was the original idiot because he decided banks would be better supervised by him, rather than the BoE who had kept a lid on it.

Wherever you look, Brown has right royally f**ked it up.

Comment

They are taking away from the young people of today. Its me and my mats who will pay it back. I want to go abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                No, Brown was the original idiot because he decided banks would be better supervised by him, rather than the BoE who had kept a lid on it.

Wherever you look, Brown has right royally f**ked it up.
                Good, thanks for giving me an excuse to promote Mr Brown to number one in my list of idiots. On the other hand, a lack of supervision is not an excuse for doing stupid things. Nobody supervises me to check whether I clean my teeth in the morning or wash my hands after I visit the bog, but I do, because it's a sensible thing to do. Likewise, poorly supervised bankers should have taken responsibility to do things properley in the first place. Mind you, I'm going to be careful here as I'm in danger of letting the snot goblin off the hook.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 9 December 2008, 14:59.

Comment

Good, thanks for giving me an excuse to promote Mr Brown to number one in my list of idiots.
                  You're welcome.

Comment

Erm, don't go thinking I'm a fan of Mr Brown. It seems to me that the banks are the original idiots for lending stupid amounts to people. Then we have Mr Brown who borrowed stupid amounts to waste on stupid government projects. Then we have the uneducated masses who can barely be expected to know any better, given the state of the education system.
                    When you put it like that - we're doomed.

Comment

Working...
                    X