• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Technical or Management (or both)? Which are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical or Management (or both)? Which are you?

So which are you? Just wondering what makes up CUK.
    Purely Technical (CCNA, MCSE, Dev, etc)
    32.56%
    Purely Management (PRINCE2, ITIL, etc)
    20.93%
    A bit of both (I manage the stuff and get my hands dirty too)
    46.51%
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

NO AndyW option?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've never understood the AndyW joke since I came so I didn't know if it applied or not. Perhaps now would be a good opportunity for someone to explain it and help me out here.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I vote None of the above
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I have been a manager but I got bored of people hassling me. You get it twice as bad if you are a technical manager.

Strictly technical during the day but I am managing 3 people on plan b just now.

Comment

I'm a tester so probably neither!
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I have been a manager but I got bored of people hassling me. You get it twice as bad if you are a technical manager.

Strictly technical during the day but I am managing 3 people on plan b just now.
              Software Development Director, where does that fit in?

See you at the pub!

Comment

I only lower myself to management if the money’s good enough.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Done both in the past.

Now I'm a BA so do neither

Sorry for swearing
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I'm a tester so probably neither!
                    What does a tester do exactly?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X