• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When did you stop beliving in Santa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you stop beliving in Santa?

I cannot ever remember believing in Santa, my Mum attributes it to the fact that I had two older brothers who liked to upset me!

My DD who is 8 is getting suspicious - no doubt from talk in the play ground, but I've told her that if she doesn't believe then how can he give her presents and that buys her silence for another year!

However she still REALLY believes in the tooth fairy and I have to write her little notes in tiny handwriting covered in glitter, whenever she loses a tooth.

Do you still believe?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I cannot ever remember believing in Santa, my Mum attributes it to the fact that I had two older brothers who liked to upset me!

My DD who is 8 is getting suspicious - no doubt from talk in the play ground, but I've told her that if she doesn't believe then how can he give her presents and that buys her silence for another year!

However she still REALLY believes in the tooth fairy and I have to write her little notes in tiny handwriting covered in glitter, whenever she loses a tooth.

Do you still believe?
    ok then smarty-pants....so if Santa doesn't exist, who delivers all those presents on xmas eve and who drinks my brandy and eats my mince pies? Eh?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I can't believe you said SantaClaus does not exist. He even posts on cuk.....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/santaclaus.html

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Do you still believe?
        Thats no pressie's from Santa for you this year then
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Apparently there's some website - nasa or something like that, that will be tracking Santa's progress around the globe on Christmas eve, in case anyone's interested. I don't know the site though - I'm sure google will.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

He's deffo real. I show my kids (daughter 9 and son 7) his web cam at http://www.santaclauslive.com/main.p...live&kieli=eng (SFW).

We had a temp in here last week who is one of his elves. She spends 7 weeks in Lapland around Xmas help out. A bit like Tescos needing extra shelf stackers over the Xmas period I guess....
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Apparently there's some website - nasa or something like that, that will be tracking Santa's progress around the globe on Christmas eve, in case anyone's interested. I don't know the site though - I'm sure google will.

It's Norad. http://www.norad.mil/News/2008/112508.html

They're not quite as fluffy as NASA. I expect Santa to be blown out of the skies one of these years.

Comment

I think I always had my suspicions. I recall a Christmas eve party when I was about 5 and everyone was waiting for Santa. I was dubious about him already IIRC and was left no less suspicious when a grown-up said he saw Santa and that I had missed him.

Comment

http://www.justourimages.com/main/im...nta%20shot.jpg

Comment

He's called Father Christmas!!!!

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Working...
                    X