• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car update….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car update….

Took the car to the local Ford Dealership last night on the promise of a courtesy car.

Drove the thing off the road narrowly missing a ditch.

Front tyre totally bald, checked it out at local tyre place and they advised well below the 3mm min. Hence had to get a new tyre as garage closed for swapping the car.

It is a 02 Lean with a dodgy exhaust for good measure, and a wing mirror falling off.

Oh, and 4 different brand hedgehunter tyres with varying tread.

Apparantly they ran out of cars, so he is using his uncles loan car from the bodyshop next to the dealers. Complete with animal feed in the boot, and damp problems – it is used on the family farm.

About to phone Ford HO.

All I want is a car that is relatively new and works, don’t care if it is my Focus or a new Ka, just not a jalopy wreck!

If only it was an A3. That would be superb. Better still an Aygo. Not a 7 year old clapped out Seat…..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Took the car to the local Ford Dealership last night on the promise of a courtesy car.

Front tyre totally bald, checked it out at local tyre place and they advised well below the 3mm min. Hence had to get a new tyre as garage closed for swapping the car.

It is a 02 Lean with a dodgy exhaust for good measure, and a wing mirror falling off.

Apparantly they ran out of cars, so he is using his uncles loan car from the bodyshop next to the dealers. Complete with animal feed in the boot, and damp problems – it is used on the family farm.

About to phone Ford HO.

All I want is a car that is relatively new and works, don’t care if it is my Focus or a new Ka, just not a jalopy wreck!

If only it was an A3. That would be superb. Better still an Aygo. Not a 7 year old clapped out Seat…..
    If you were a contractor you could afford one.

Comment

About to phone Ford HO.

My titanic struggle with years of insomnia is over. Thank you so much.

Comment

...Drove the thing off the road narrowly missing a ditch.

Front tyre totally bald, checked it out at local tyre place and they advised well below the 3mm min. Hence had to get a new tyre as garage closed for swapping the car....
        OK it's Christmas, I'll feed the troll

1. The legal min is 1.6mm not 3mm.

2. Why didn't you check the tyres etc before leaving the garage - I always do so with any courtesy or hire car.

3. Learn to drive properly or stay within the limits of the car's handling if you can't. I can drive a tired old Sierra which wallows all over the show substantially quicker down the lanes than most people driving their nice new shiny things.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Even with bad tyres, going off the road indicates it's your fault unless someone jumped out of a junction or a child ran into the road.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            OK it's Christmas, I'll feed the troll

1. The legal min is 1.6mm not 3mm.

2. Why didn't you check the tyres etc before leaving the garage - I always do so with any courtesy or hire car.

3. Learn to drive properly or stay within the limits of the car's handling if you can't. I can drive a tired old Sierra which wallows all over the show substantially quicker down the lanes than most people driving their nice new shiny things.
            So man in front with red flag required?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So man in front with red flag required?
              Only if he wants Wilmslow to run him over...
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If it's dry, bald tyres are better than ones with tread. Was it wet, if not you must be a really bad driver.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

About to phone Ford HO.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Ok I'm totally fed up with these feeble stories, time to expand my ignore list by one.

Pathetic trolling like this isn't amusing.

Comment

Working...
                    X