• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France has fallen - La Chute continuez ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French industrial output plunged dramatically in October providing yet more evidence that the eurozone’s second largest economy is heading for a sharp recession.

Industrial production contracted by 2.7 per cent month-on-month on the back of a 14.3 per cent slump in output in the auto sector, according to figures published by INSEE, the national statistical office, on Wednesday.

But at least France can feed herself.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

But not wash herself

Comment

So they’ll have to spend a few more years driving a bashed up old Renault 4 to the truffle market and perhaps use a bicycle to carry the wine home from the farmer up the road. House prices will become very reasonable as the merchant winkers in Provence all sell up. Big deal. Let’s all feel sorry for the French.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They can always build nuclear power stations and supply energy to their more stupid neighbours.

Comment

continue

Alf tu devrais avoir honte, t'as déjà oublié ...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              But not wash herself
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                So they’ll have to spend a few more years driving a bashed up old Renault 4 to the truffle market and perhaps use a bicycle to carry the wine home from the farmer up the road. House prices will become very reasonable as the merchant winkers in Provence all sell up. Big deal. Let’s all feel sorry for the French.
                Sounds idyllic. Where do I sign up?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Sounds idyllic. Where do I sign up?
                  Well, I chatted with a chap in the hotel bar last night who was an international estate agent telling me lots of people had called wanting to sell their holiday homes in Provence but there were very few buyers. I'm guessing the same sort of thing will happen in Tuscany and Umbria, which aren't exactly tulipholes either.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

France has fallen
                    Not the Ardennes again? Will they never learn
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X