• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench Locations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench Locations

Given I've been benched and there isn't any roles coming up I was wondering if anyone had any hints on where to spend 2-3 months on the bench.

I have an option of a place in Tenerife for about 400 GBP pm but was wondering if there were any recommendations for other places about the same price range.

Any ideas for the ideal bench location ?

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
    Given I've been benched and there isn't any roles coming up I was wondering if anyone had any hints on where to spend 2-3 months on the bench.

I have an option of a place in Tenerife for about 400 GBP pm but was wondering if there were any recommendations for other places about the same price range.

See my Plan B thread for an attractive destination for your savings and yourself.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      See my Plan B thread for an attractive destination for your savings and yourself.
      F

Comment

Bit pricey

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I was hoping for slightly cheaper options (but probably not as cheap as Benidorm, I have some standards left).

Comment

Mexico
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Goa.

Personally I'd go to Hawaii, but it would be pricier than Goa.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post

Hols and long breaks needs to be pre-planned. Unplanned bench time needs to be managed and focused on finding work.

Roles can come up at anytime at a moments notice. You need to be ready to move instantly. Unless all interviews are by telephone and you can instantly get back for a next day start you are seriously disadvantaged. Plus once you're over there you won't be bothered about finding work - until you run out of money. Seen it all before.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                Hols and long breaks needs to be pre-planned. Unplanned bench time needs to be managed and focused on finding work.

Roles can come up at anytime at a moments notice. You need to be ready to move instantly. Unless all interviews are by telephone and you can instantly get back for a next day start you are seriously disadvantaged. Plus once you're over there you won't be bothered about finding work - until you run out of money. Seen it all before.
                Done it. And it was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  Plus once you're over there you won't be bothered about finding work - until you run out of money. Seen it all before.
                  That'll be around the year 2050 then.

Comment

I was hoping to rent a place in the country for a month to try and finish plan A/B/F/9. In a Rocky IV stylee.

To many distractions at home.

Comment

Working...
                    X