• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Town Xmas decorations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town Xmas decorations

Since I'm stuck in Bristol for the middle of the week, I must say that the centre looks quite pretty.

Shame the Xmas tree only lasted 2 days before the vandals took it down...

Anyone being cheered by their work location over Xmas?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I had a little drive down Regent Street yesterday evening and it all looked very pretty
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Since I'm stuck in Bristol for the middle of the week, I must say that the centre looks quite pretty.

Shame the Xmas tree only lasted 2 days before the vandals took it down...

Anyone being cheered by their work location over Xmas?
      When I was in France the town used to put up little Christmas trees by the river, with those highly-fragile decorations, you know where at home you lose one or two every year just breaking them while unpacking them: no-one ever vandalised them AFAIK.

Comment

Christmas markets are in full swing on the mainland.

It's all gluhwein and sausages here, so haven't bothered so far.

Bah humbug.

Comment

Last night I took the kids to Chiselhurst and to Eltham : both were great.

But few houses have lights up : I have only found 2 good ones so far within a 3 mile radius. Though 1 road has done very well.

Last year there were about 10 good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Christmas markets are in full swing on the mainland.

It's all gluhwein and sausages here, so haven't bothered so far.

Bah humbug.
            Oh yes. First night, went out to Marktplatz for one. Had Wildhirsch Wurst, Glühwein, Reibekuchen, Dampfnudeln, and Glühwein mit Schuss. And Glühwein

Mmmm.

Comment

My client has dug a hole by the entrance and put up a 20ft tree with lights and decorations etc apparently they do this every year, I'm sure it would be a lot less hassle if they just planted one.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Cheltenham town centre still looks like tulip. Now with tinsel on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                  Cheltenham town centre still looks like tulip. Now with tinsel on it.
                  Why do you go back?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Why do you go back?
                    Client always gives a good rate. They know my weakness.

Comment

Working...
                    X