• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asking for time off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for time off

Do you ask or tell?

linky
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Do you ask or tell?

linky
    I always tell, and if possible way in advance too.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Tell. But to be fair that's not much different to when I was a permie, I didn't ask then either.
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Having just had 7 weeks off sick (and had the contract cancelled as a result), maybe if I'd adopted that approach it would have at least made me feel better
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't tell, and I don't ask. We "agree" time off. Though yesterday lunch I couldn't be bothered to go back to the office after the pub...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            Do you ask or tell?

linky
            "The voices told me to stay home and clean my gun collection today. Do you have a problem with that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
              Tell. But to be fair that's not much different to when I was a permie, I didn't ask then either.
              Do they never decline?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Just say I need the time off, but I normally check it will not be an issue first.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I guess the fact that the joke was in the link has meant this thread has backfired somewhat.

I'm not really interested in a serious answer to this question...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Do they never decline?
                    I do try and be reasonable about it and give plenty of notice if it's a significant amount of time - so no it's not happened yet.

(Tempting as it is to take a couple of weeks off at project delivery)
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X