• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could he claim sexual discrimination?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could he claim sexual discrimination?

LONDON (AFP) - A man attempting to walk the length of Britain stark naked for a second time was arrested once again -- seconds after walking out of jail.

So-called "Naked Rambler" Stephen Gough, 46, was stopped by officers he left the gates of Edinburgh's Saughton Prison on Friday and taken to the city's Sheriff Court.

The former Royal Marine was released on bail on Monday and will appear in court in December.

He was thrown in jail on September 9 after being found guility of breaching of the peace just south of the Scottish capital on September 1.

On Monday, Gough vowed that the Naked Rambler would not be stopped in his quest to make it to John o' Groats on the northeast tip of Scotland, accompanied this time by his girlfriend.

"I think the thing that we are standing for is really something everyone should be concerned about -- how we feel about ourselves," Gough said.

"We talk about human rights and the dignity of man and yet man in his natural state is locked up. It's crazy. It does not make sense.

"We are supposed to be reasonable, our justice system is based on reason, and yet I'm being put away as if I'm some sort of disgusting animal. I'm just a human being."

Public nudity is illegal in Britain but that has not stopped Gough attempting a second trek wearing nothing but boots, a hat and a rucksack.

He walked the 874-mile length of Britain from Land's End in southwest England to John o' Groats in 2003-2004 and was arrested 14 times during the trip, serving two jail terms.

The journey to mainland Britain's most notherly settlement should take another two weeks -- providing he does not get arrested again.

As he is doing this with his girlfriend should she not have been arrested too? I do believe she is naked aswell
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/81962.jpg

He's got a girlfriend ???????
    I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

If she is naked too then yes, she should receive the same treatment.

Unless she is a munter. Then she should be locked up for good.

Comment

I recall reading that there was another man travelling with him this time as well as his girlfriend (she is quite attractive and looks perfectly sane).

I agree completely with what he is saying. It is absurd that our natural state is a criminal offence. I do, however, question whether his motive really is as noble and innocent as he publicly claims.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
          I recall reading that there was another man travelling with him this time as well as his girlfriend (she is quite attractive and looks perfectly sane).

I agree completely with what he is saying. It is absurd that our natural state is a criminal offence. I do, however, question whether his motive really is as noble and innocent as he publicly claims.
          Yes our natural state is not to be criminalised, but I don't want to have to sit on the same train/restaurant/etc. seat that his "brown eye" has been deposited on.

Also it would frighten the kittens.

Please don't forget the kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
            I don't want to have to sit on the same train/restaurant/etc. seat that his "brown eye" has been deposited on.
            There's no need for that. In naturist resorts they use a towel in order to maintain public hygene.
            If a naked commuter wants to sit down, they can simply place a towel or cloth over the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
              There's no need for that. In naturist resorts they use a towel in order to maintain public hygene.
              If a naked commuter wants to sit down, they can simply place a towel or cloth over the seat.
              You forgot the kittens. How do they carry a towel?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                You forgot the kittens. How do they carry a towel?
                They have a tail which can be positioned to preserve modesty.

Comment

The guy is totally utterly Stupid

Like FFS if someone is going to do this you would think they would have enough brains to start begining of summer NOT september

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                    The guy is totally utterly Stupid

Like FFS if someone is going to do this you would think they would have enough brains to start begining of summer NOT september
                    I think he did. Obviously it will take it him longer than a day to walk the length of the country. Being arrested every day probably doesn't help his schedule very much either

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment behind his walk and support the idea of a more enlightened attitude towards the body, you really have to question why he has nothing better to do than constantly wander around the UK with his little fella on display. More importantly, why isn't he looking for a job and am I paying for this idiot to indulge his personal fantasies?!

Comment

Working...
                    X