• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demograhpics and Euro and Pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demograhpics and Euro and Pound

I wonder with the Pound getting closer to parity with the Euro and perhaps having the chance of going beyond, I wonder if this will lead to more people from the UK looking for work on the mainland ?

I guess the answer is yes, and the barrometer is that our very own die-hard croydon-ite MarrilionFan is looking for work in the Eurozone.

Main thing is folks, there's no work on the mainland and despite what anyone says you are better off working in the UK.

Milan.

Ha!

Brown and Darling have "saved the world" you loser!

So much so the German chancellor is feeling against them.

We would rather starve in the streets (which is what is going to happen) than lower ourselves to living with Eurolosers.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I wonder with the Pound getting closer to parity with the Euro and perhaps having the chance of going beyond, I wonder if this will lead to more people from the UK looking for work on the mainland ?

I guess the answer is yes, and the barrometer is that our very own die-hard croydon-ite MarrilionFan is looking for work in the Eurozone.

Main thing is folks, there's no work on the mainland and despite what anyone says you are better off working in the UK.

Milan.
      SAP and Europe. All boomed. Prepare the carriages to bring back the gold, lads.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Nah, all the work is being done remotely from India.

Nothing to see here... move along now...

Comment

A chap from accidenture at ClientCo in NL overheard me saying I’d done some SAP testing and immediately asked me for a CV and business card; he says he’d prefer me to be available today but he’ll wait. According to him Accidenture (I know, bunch of overrated numpties) currently have no testers on the bench in NL and are now hiring contractors to fill in at clients.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            ... and are now hiring contractors to fill in at clients.
            Sounds painful.

Comment

Nah, .Net in the City is where it's at. Forget all this credit crunch woes, it's only bankers, not techies.

Franko, people reading this will think cross-training into SAP will bring them untold riches, whereas the truth is penury and despair.

Get them M$ books out lads and get stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                Nah, .Net in the City is where it's at. Forget all this credit crunch woes, it's only bankers, not techies.

Franko, people reading this will think cross-training into SAP will bring them untold riches, whereas the truth is penury and despair.

Ok, now we know who's using the purpledalek id.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post

You see where you went wrong now?

Comment

It's a bluff

Comment

Working...
                    X