• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's policies ridiculed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's policies ridiculed

Strong words from German's finance minister

So who's right in this "tiff", Germany's Finance minister or Gordon Brown.
    I'm alright Jack

I disagree with everything Gordon days. But I also disagree with anything a GErman says. Can they both be wrong?

Comment

The German's wrong as usual. As Napoleon famously said of some Germans, "Don't interfere when they're making a big mistake"

Except in a broad corsican accented french, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Strong words from German's finance minister

So who's right in this "tiff", Germany's Finance minister or Gordon Brown.
        <harry hill>
        There's only one way to find out
        </harry hill>
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The German must be right.

Look at it logically. Gordon Brown has been wrong in nearly everything he's done for the last 11 years, as evidenced by our economy being in a far worse mess than anyone else, so why should it be any different this time?

I'll say that again, the German must be right. It's like saying "runner-bean flavoured ice cream", isn't it.

Comment

<homer>
            Ummmmm runner-bean flavoured ice cream
            </homer>

Comment

How well off were we compared to Europe when Labour got in and what are we now? Anyone have historic GDP data?
              Last edited by minestrone; 11 December 2008, 11:00.

Comment

Well the UK's GDP has decreased by 25% simply through devaluation. Most economies are shrinking by 1 or 2%.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Well the UK's GDP has decreased by 25% simply through devaluation. Most economies are shrinking by 1 or 2%.
                  That sounds quite bad to a thickie like me (and SallyAnne of course)...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    That sounds quite bad to a thickie like me (and SallyAnne of course)...
                    It's even worse when one considers the last 10 odd years of growth in GDP has been an illusion, being actually PFI and invented civil service jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X