• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woolworths 50% sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolworths 50% sale

Anyone been to Woolies today? Any real bargains or have they got rid of the good resalable stuff like PS3's, Xbox, Ipod's etc?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Spotted on another forum that all the PS3 type of stuff is still sky high pricewise, in fact still more expensive than other high st. retailers. Apparently you could get 50% off a toblerone though.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I hear Currys will be discounting heavily soon. Whether it's a rumour or not we'll have to wait and see but I'll be looking for a BluRay player on the cheap.

And of course, Tescos start their 50% sale tomorrow...

Boomed!!!
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        I hear Currys will be discounting heavily soon. Whether it's a rumour or not we'll have to wait and see but I'll be looking for a BluRay player on the cheap.

And of course, Tescos start their 50% sale tomorrow...

Boomed!!!
        Wheres the best place to monitor prices for PS3? Have decided to invest in one. I see GAME have a reasonable bundle deal..

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Spotted on another forum that all the PS3 type of stuff is still sky high pricewise, in fact still more expensive than other high st. retailers. Apparently you could get 50% off a toblerone though.
          I knew it... saved me a trip out in the cold I suppose.

I expect my toblerone count to be significantly higher this Xmas.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
            Wheres the best place to monitor prices for PS3? Have decided to invest in one. I see GAME have a reasonable bundle deal..
            Got mine from Gamestation when I bought it, came bundled with a couple of games and was slightly cheaper then game and they have better staff

Comment

Just watched the news - they had quoted staff from woolies saying prices hadn't changed since yesterday - they'd just put up closing down sale signs and left the prices.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn View Post
                There are never any real bargains when it comes to games consoles, the margins on 360 and PS3 are very low already so there is no room for discount.

The best deals to be had will be more to do with what you get with it rather than what price you pay.

Comment

Look, they're bankrupt and they have to sell everything. The administrators want to get rid of all the stock at the best price they can get within a set timeframe. They don't want the costs of transporting and auctioning off stock from closed stores; that will lose them money. Hence; ignore the prices, go in and offer what you want to pay. You could even offer to buy 2 of whatever it is at 25 percent of the normal price and have a good chance. Of course, the numpty at the cash desk will refuse, but ask the store manager for your discount. Chances are he’s been told by the administrators to get rid of the stock as quick as possible, and might even be an interim on a bonus according to how little stock is left at the end.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Anyone been to Woolies today? Any real bargains or have they got rid of the good resalable stuff like PS3's, Xbox, Ipod's etc?
                    Just back from Woolies - queues (to pay) so long I'd never have got home - no real bargains most people in the queue seemed to have a couple of items of tat.

Comment

Working...
                    X