• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I be flattered?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be flattered?

Well, the dept. manager was heard having a word with a permie yesterday for referring to us contractors as just that "contractors."

She was adamant there was no difference and that "we are all part of the same team!"

I don't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult!
    Last edited by Scotchpie; 11 December 2008, 15:37.

More as an indication of your IR35 status when Hector starts querying your working practices during his investigation.
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
      Well, the dept. manager was heard having a word with a permie yesterday for referring to us contractors as just that "contractors."

She was adamant there was no difference and that "we are all part of the same team!"

I don't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insultant!

Have you been drinking?

Comment

She was adamant there was no difference
        You should have ran over to her and slapped her in the face twice with your white gloves!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          You should have your butler run over to her and slap her in the face twice with his white gloves!
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

You should have ran over to her and slapped her in the face twice with your white gloves!
            He's bad

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/663/
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

minced
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Could the reason be that said permie was treating contractors as second rate personell and needed taking down a peg or two? And regardless of IR35 if you are a PM like me you are part of and have to manage teams to complete projects.

Comment

They should have been sent out to get the coffees in for everyone.

Comment

It's best to take it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X