• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meta-study shows religious people are less intelligent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta-study shows religious people are less intelligent

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-thinkingchristians.htm

No surprise there then.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    flip
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      flip
      You don't have to be religious you know. You can choose to stop believing now; you're not in convent school anymore. Why not try atheism for a couple of months? You might like it!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Interesting.

I remember at Uni a group of convert Christians tried to persuade me to be a Christian too. When I explained that science explains the universe, the best theory being the big bang etc matter/energy conversion.. they gave me an alternative explanation about how God created the stars and planets etc.

I've always figured that religion is just mans way of trying to explain what cannot be explained (life).
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Yes, I always thought that DOCTOR REVEREND Martin Luther King was a bit of a dimwit.

Let's start a poll. DOCTOR REVEREND Martin Luther King, was he...

As clever as a very, very clever person.

Thick as two short planks with a telly in between.

I couldn't read the link I'm afraid - illiterate.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            You don't have to be religious you know. You can choose to stop believing now; you're not in convent school anymore. Why not try atheism for a couple of months? You might like it!
            Nah, I'm too scared now, not to believe.

And I have no doubt, I will get slated for this... but it often brings me comfort
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

This is one of those discussions that can only end with everyone being thoroughly nasty to each other, but I’ll try and keep it civilised. I tried religion when I was in my teens and it didn’t work for me; I just can’t make myself believe something that all my scientific training suggests is nonsense. It might be true, and it would be unscientific to completely deny the possibility that a god exists, but I think the chance of that is so remote that my decision was to leave it alone. All I would suggest is that religious people try atheism for a little while; try thinking critically and leaving all the options open; see if you still believe after a few months of critical thinking.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The penguins beat the stuff into be.

Comment

This is one of those discussions that can only end with everyone being thoroughly nasty to each other...
                  Well you would say that 'cause you're wrong

Explain the Big Bang.
                  Bored.

Comment

This is one of those discussions that can only end with everyone being thoroughly nasty to each other, but I’ll try and keep it civilised. I tried religion when I was in my teens and it didn’t work for me; I just can’t make myself believe something that all my scientific training suggests is nonsense. It might be true, and it would be unscientific to completely deny the possibility that a god exists, but I think the chance of that is so remote that my decision was to leave it alone. All I would suggest is that religious people try atheism for a little while; try thinking critically and leaving all the options open; see if you still believe after a few months of critical thinking.
                    Fair enough Mich, but you were in your teens when you tried religion. Me, it's been part of my life since the start so it's not as easy as choosing not to believe.

That said out of the 3 of us (me, brother and sister) I am the only one who regularly goes to mass, even though we all had the same upbringing, me and sis same convent. Brother went to Christian Bros and De la Salle Bros schools.

I suppose it's a mega personal thing. I wouldn't dream of imposing my views and beliefs on anyone but by the same token, I wouldn't want anyone dissing my views too much.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X