• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electronic Christmas Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Christmas Cards

Who says I never get anything off my Agency. They have just sent me an electronic Christmas Card and a note to say that they are sending the 40p or so it would have cost to send me a real one, signed by people, off to fr1ggin' India! I might email a few festive greetings back to them.

Where do we stand on email Xmas cards? I hate them and think it's a cheap, nasty trick on the part of companies and people (worse) who send them under the guise that they are donating a few quid to charity and saving all the trees.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

All our cards are belonging to them!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

I like this one...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I like sending and receiving cards and I like giving money to charity.
        I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive.

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

It's mean-ness on the part of the sender

IMHO

YMMV

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Who says I never get anything off my Agency. They have just sent me an electronic Christmas Card and a note to say that they are sending the 40p or so it would have cost to send me a real one, signed by people, off to fr1ggin' India! I might email a few festive greetings back to them.

Where do we stand on email Xmas cards? I hate them and think it's a cheap, nasty trick on the part of companies and people (worse) who send them under the guise that they are donating a few quid to charity and saving all the trees.

Your with Elan also then! The thing is, how can a country justify having a space program yet still have areas of severe poverty? Earlier on in the year Brown announced that India would get £825m over the next 3 years from the UK in economic aid!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7198546.stm
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

That enables them to buy up our steel and motor industries and then come for further handouts to keep them running!

I love the people and the country, but this is getting silly!
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Believe it or not my agency sent me a large, tasty selection from the House of Chocolate.

Should they send them to India and just email me a picture instead?

Comment

I don't like them, but I don't mind them from my elderly relatives who are just getting to grips with computers, especially as they seem to forget what they've done and send me a real one as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X