• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miners getting shafted again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miners getting shafted again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/7777957.stm

Solicitors making millions out of them. Just seen on the BBC News (24) that they'll have shared over 1 billion in payouts that were supposed to be awarded the miners.

Still, they got struck off. I'm sure they're really gutted with only making 30 million out of the scam.

Who's betting the govermin turn a blind eye, as it's all their public school bum chums involved?

The 'best bit'? I was one of the contractors involved with developing the website for the CoalClaims DTi project. Wish I'd known how much money there was floating around to cream off, I'd have doubled my rate.

Another 'best bit'? The company awarded the tender that I was contracting to was based next to the Buncefield oil depot that went up. They were probably blown to smithereens.

The really 'best bit'? Lucy worked there too!

[Not saying it was 'the Lucy', but you never know! She was a contractor, that's for sure.]
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

I thought this was going to be a Gary Glitter thread again.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
    X