• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car update….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car update….

Driving the loan car banger – with 60K’s and lucky dip tyres and knacked exhaust.

Clutch started slipping on the motorway hill – crapped out when going down the other side, stuck in 5th gear. Wrestled out of gear but clutch pedal stayed down.

Ended up having to coast from lane 3, got stuck halfway across the motorway, thankfully into chevrons on a sliproad joining, but with trucks a foot either side.

Police called, blocked motorway, got me onto hard shoulder.

Called AA, another breakdown truck rocked on up, said he was there first so had to take the car away.

I kept the key, refused to allow him to take the car as I did not call the firm, they basically just pulled on up.

AA guy came, other truck scarpered rapidly.

AA relayed me to services, ran out of hours. Two hours later I had another AA guy and was at the Ford dealer where they left something more reliable for me.

Meanwhile, the dealer passed my car to another dealer for a test drive, cannot find the wandering steering problem, which is intermittent, but, makes the car not driveable with confidence.

Hence, not sure what to do. Easiest to flog the darned thing and get something else, but, I would lose out on around £5K new car depreciation.

I would like to insist on getting Ford head office to get a strip down full on inspection – anyone had to try this kind of thing?

Seriously much happier in the Ka I currently have than my Focus!!

Yes. I had a brand new car that really was a death trap. No matter what anyone tells you to the contrary there is absolutely nothing you can do but flog it and take the hit.

Paid a bunch of pikiey scum I know to hospitalise the twat who was most irritating at the dealers.

Then by proxy took up a campaign of paint and slashed tires until I noticed new CCTV installation. So moved on to destroying that a few times too.

So all-in-all it cost a fair bit, but felt ever so good. I would whole-heartedly recommend it as a way to obtain 'closure'.

Apparently I was never anything but a soft-touch in the dealers, so they never even thought of me as being behind it all.

Comment

Just to make this clear:

NOBODY CARES

HTH
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Just to make this clear:

NOBODY CARES

HTH
        Oh, I do. I've been in exactly this same situation with a new car and it is really just so awful. There is just nothing one can do.

I feel for him. I really do.

I was lucky, I achieved closure.

Comment

Why oh why did I waste 3 minutes of my life reading this?!?
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

FOOK OFF!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Just to make this clear:

NOBODY CARES

HTH
              Sorry but I want to know who the puppet master is.Maybe the identity will be Wilmslow's final post?

Comment

Just get rid of the damm thing - take the hit and get something else. Had loads of problems with a Focas C-Max last year, Dealer was next to useless, and after 6 months offered be the lowest book price. Took the hit and traded it aganst another car and a different garage.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                  X