• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last Day.. Boo Hoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day.. Boo Hoo

My last day at clientco today and still dont have confirmation regarding extention but to be perfectly honest I'm gonna turn it down if they do offer.

Been here 9 months doing work that is far too technical (I'm a PM) and need the fear to get out there and secure a contract relevant to my skill set. I need a little bit of job satisfaction and this is giving me nothing apart from a decent rate (which I know is important but its not everything to me).

I know alot of you will think I'm crazy to turn down an extention if they offered it but sometimes you just know it time.

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    My last day at clientco today and still dont have confirmation regarding extention but to be perfectly honest I'm gonna turn it down if they do offer.

Been here 9 months doing work that is far too technical (I'm a PM) and need the fear to get out there and secure a contract relevant to my skill set. I need a little bit of job satisfaction and this is giving me nothing apart from a decent rate (which I know is important but its not everything to me).

I know alot of you will think I'm crazy to turn down an extention if they offered it but sometimes you just know it time.
    If you are offered, I would suggest taking it and when the contract with your skillset arrives on your lap, you would be in a better position to accept. However, if you are loaded and happy to be benched for a few months, then fair enough.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

That is the case, I can survive for quite a while so I'm going to take the chance of moving on.. If only for my own sanity..

Comment

If you aren't happy in the role then there is no point in staying there any more, as far as I am concerned.

Have a good break, eat, drink and be merry then look for work when you are ready.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am not sure if to congratulate you or commiserate you. which would you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am not sure if to congratulate you or commiserate you. which would you prefer?
            All I can say is that this contract has served a purpose i.e allowed me to build up the bank ballance but thats about it. I'm not ignorant to the fact that times are tough and contracts harder to find but I'm prepared to take the risk..

Wish me luck

Comment

There's more to life than being stuck in a bad role, ditch it, good luck.

Are you mad man! Think of the children.

HTH

Comment

Dont have a kids problem, or a wife problem

Cheers all

Comment

Wish me luck
                  Good luck, badger
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

All I can say is that this contract has served a purpose i.e allowed me to build up the bank ballance but thats about it. I'm not ignorant to the fact that times are tough and contracts harder to find but I'm prepared to take the risk..

Wish me luck
                    Then very good luck. let us know how it goes : I am sure it is the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X