• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New record for wasting time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New record for wasting time.

Well I've just broke my own record for the number of minutes I can waste filling in my timesheet and processing my expenses on my umbrella's web portal. It's taken 1hr 14 mins.

Just wondering how long others have eeked out filling in their paperwork?

I do it as quickly as possible then spend the remainder posting on tpd.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
      Well I've just broke my own record for the number of minutes I can waste filling in my timesheet and processing my expenses on my umbrella's web portal. It's taken 1hr 14 mins.

Just wondering how long others have eeked out filling in their paperwork?
      By the time I’ve done the weekly hours on ClientCo’s stupid, slow,creaking time system, split out into different tasks and projects, printed the timesheet, found someone to sign it and scanned it for the agent I’ve often wasted about 3 hours of billable time. What I don’t understand is why clients don’t have an activity code for ‘filling in time systems’ in their time systems. They might then realise what a waste of money these things are.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm at the other extreme, takes me 5 mins to fill in time sheet online. Quite impressed with it actually

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          What I don’t understand is why clients don’t have an activity code for ‘filling in time systems’ in their time systems. They might then realise what a waste of money these things are.
          Last time I had to use a timesheet system, I did exactly that.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

it takes me 0mins as I get my secretary (wife) to do this menial task,
            how else do you think I can justify paying her a vast salary .

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
              it takes me 0mins as I get my secretary (wife) to do this menial task,
              how else do you think I can justify paying her a vast salary .
              We assumed it was for services rendered.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                We assumed it was for services rendered.
                Those go into my 'Entertainment' expenses along with the receipts from the
                esteemed establishments of course .

Comment

According to the poo timer application, I once got paid £34 for having a dump at work. Well earned I thought

Comment

where I am

there is a kind of internal time tracking system

and all us .net administrators are mean't to fill in the time tracking with different project codes for the different systems and projects we are administering systems for

as you can imagine this if followed to the book could take a long time

I just wack everything I do on one project code

feck 'em

when they introduced the system, colleague asked the manager if there was a project code for the time spent filling in the time tracking system

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X