• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pot noodling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pot noodling

it's been 18 months since I quit, and i've never been tempted to have even one. i'm still quite amazed how quickly the urge to pot noodle went.

but...on reflection....i dont think i'm as happy as i was when i pot noodled.

i loved that time on my own - every hour, just 5 minutes to myself, no matter what. people say pot noodling is sociable, but i actually think it's quite a solitary thing, time alone with your own thoughts, your own peace.

i miss it.

i dont miss coughing, or being constantly out of breath, or smelling (which I never noticed, but i notice now on other people)....but i miss the "art" of pot noodling.

or maybe I'm just a bit lonely.

i'm having a "ho hum" sort of day...

BBB for me today, I think...

Tried the lamb hotpot last week - very nice...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      BBB for me today, I think...

Tried the lamb hotpot last week - very nice...
      MBB
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        it's been 18 months since I quit, and i've never been tempted to have even one. i'm still quite amazed how quickly the urge to pot noodle went.

i loved that time on my own - every hour, just 5 minutes to myself, no matter what. people say pot noodling is sociable, but i actually think it's quite a solitary thing, time alone with your own thoughts, your own peace.

i miss it.

i dont miss coughing, or being constantly out of breath, or smelling (which I never noticed, but i notice now on other people)....but i miss the "art" of pot noodling.

very good

Now that's something I coudn't give up!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

i miss it.

Confused

Comment

i miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Is this a genuine post about pot noodles or one about winking?

Confused
              I thought It was about smoking!
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
              X