• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birthday Blues.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday Blues.

Who gets them?

I get them big style...and I've got them going on today.

I never used to get them when I was single, cause I always used to have loads of mates and we'd go out at like 3 and party the night away, and it was brilliant!
    But now all my mates are married and old and boring and we're all couples who are living the exact same life that we'll be living until the day we die
    Humph
    And all the rest of year I'm happy about this, it makes me feel comfy....but around birthdays, I just feel like I'm having a midlife crisis and I want to run for the hills! (Even thought the first person I'd miss would be my husband, cause he's actually my best mate...but that's not the point).

I thnk it's cause on your birthday you're supposed to have your own identity - it's all about you. And when you're this age, in this life...well you dont really have your own identity anymroe do you? You kind of give it up for a joint family identity. Which isn't a bad thing.....except on birthdays.

Anyway, I'm doing a poll (which the act of, has actually cheered me up a bit)
    Yes!
    42.11%
    No!
    42.11%
    I want AndyW to give me a birthday sh*g!
    15.79%
    The pope is a tard.

You are obviously still young as you are getting upset about it. When you are old (like my age) you just dont care anymore.

But there was 1 major benefit to being 45 : Mrs BP bought me a bottle of 1963 Taylors which I intend to consume this christmas

Comment

Yep, know what you mean... but for me, it scares the tulipe out of me that the year just disappears so quick
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You are obviously still young as you are getting upset about it. When you are old (like my age) you just dont care anymore.

But there was 1 major benefit to being 45 : Mrs BP bought me a bottle of 1963 Taylors which I intend to consume this christmas
        I'll be 34 on Sunday.

******* 34.... Jesus H Christ on a pensioners bike!

Ahhhh - enjoy the Taylors x x x
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          I'll be 34 on Sunday.

frolicking 34.... Jesus H Christ on a pensioners bike!

Cheer up Sally its not all doom and gloom.
          A lot of men go for the older woman

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Yep, know what you mean... but for me, it scares the tulipe out of me that the year just disappears so quick
            You're right there like!!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              I'll be 34 on Sunday.

frolicking 34.... Jesus H Christ on a pensioners bike!

Don't say things like that, I'm 34 next friday eek

or 29 for the fifth time
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

FFS - stop moaning!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I'd be scared of the loudly ticking biological clock if I were you
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I'd be scared of the loudly ticking biological clock if I were you
                    I'm terrified of that thing
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X