• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car update…...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car update…...

Mine has 5 wheels; 4 which roll along the ground and 1 which I use for steering. Oops; 6, because there's a spare wheel in the boot. It’s got some space in the inside for me to sit in, and a nice heated chair to warm up my bum on a frosty morning. It’s parked at the railway station today. It’s a pay afterwards Car Park, so I don’t expect to get a ticket. Only 3 euros per day.

ASLEEP YET?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Mine has 5 wheels; 4 which roll along the ground and 1 which I use for steering. Oops; 6, because there's a spare wheel in the boot. It’s got some space in the inside for me to sit in, and a nice heated chair to warm up my bum on a frosty morning. It’s parked at the railway station today. It’s a pay afterwards Car Park, so I don’t expect to get a ticket. Only 3 euros per day.

ASLEEP YET?

Comment

My car is similar in that - it also has the same number of wheels and a place for me to sit. It doesn't care about my cold bum as the seat does not heat up. It is also in a car park and it cost £3.50. It won't get a ticket either.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Did I tell you about my car park penalty notice?

Comment

I saw a car driving down the road this morning.
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

My car is parked in the office car park, which fortunately is free. I travelled approximately 17 miles to get here this morning, and will travel the same distance on the way home, having used approximately 2/3 of a gallon of diesel on my two journeys.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              My car is parked in the office car park, which fortunately is free.
              It won't be free for long if your office is in Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                My car is parked in the office car park, which fortunately is free. I travelled approximately 17 miles to get here this morning, and will travel the same distance on the way home, having used approximately 2/3 of a gallon of diesel on my two journeys.
                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tax-work.html

A controversial blueprint for taxing people around £350 a year to park at work was unveiled yesterday by the Government.

But it was immediately condemned by employers as a 'stealth tax' and by motoring groups as a 'tax on work'.

The AA also suspected that ministers were using the workplace parking plan as a 'plan B' in case - as is expected - Manchester votes against a local congestion charge, killing off the idea for many other cities.

Comment

Did I mention my gammy leg????

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Mine has 5 wheels; 4 which roll along the ground and 1 which I use for steering.
                    What part of the car doesn't move when a car is moving? (All relative to the ground).

Comment

Working...
                    X