• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is gonna give me ulcers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is gonna give me ulcers...

How do you square professionalism with "I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a f* **k"

They're getting rid of me but are demanding work that can't be completed by the end of my contract..

Breathe....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post

How do you square professionalism with "I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a f* **k"

They're getting rid of me but are demanding work that can't be completed by the end of my contract..

Breathe....
    Tell them to boing off. Seriously.
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Just make sure you get your timesheet signed the last week !
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

It doesn't seem that uncommon - client ended my contract while I was off sick, but I made it back to do some time this week.

I was chatting to three others there who all go next week (all given notice to cut costs). And they are all expected to work this weekend and next, to get the work done, so it's complete before they are marched from the building!!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Breathe....
          Raise it as a risk and then spend the rest of your time escalating it and developing mitigation and contingency plans. If they refuse to accept it, raise an issue that they won't accept it. Escalate the issue one tier higher. Repeat after every meal (and make sure there are plenty of them).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I was chatting to three others there who all go next week (all given notice to cut costs). And they are all expected to work this weekend and next, to get the work done, so it's complete before they are marched from the building!!

I hope they've got their contract sorted with higher rates for weekend work, otherwise it would be two finger time.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I hope they've got their contract sorted with higher rates for weekend work, otherwise it would be two finger time.
              Nope - they had to get special dispensation to bill it, as the project mantra is time off in lieu instead.

There was no chance I would be working it, but there you go.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Nope - they had to get special dispensation to bill it, as the project mantra is time off in lieu instead.

So not only would they not get paid extra for giving up their weekends, but they'd actually be losing out by having time off, unpaid!

Some contractors deserve to be permies. Hope you'll be winding them up telling them what a great weekend you've had!
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Just think of Switzerland.

See you in the new year

Which slopes will you be tackling?

Once they´ve cleared the passes I´ll be up there next weekend.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Breathe....
                    Have a pee in the company kettle

Comment

Working...
                    X