• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 90p Euro has arrived...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 90p Euro has arrived...

www.xe.com

1 Euro buys 90.007p

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    www.xe.com

1 Euro buys 90.007p

Milan.

No! 90p buys 1 Euro.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I sink my head in disbelief that we have arrived at this cross-roads.

The value of a currency is mainly detremined by the value of goods and services that a country can provide within its borders and also export in addition to the returns on pure investments using that particular currency.

Are we to now say that the £ is worth f-all almost.

Who is to blame for this terrible situation ourselves for sleepwalking into this situation ? the financial regulators or the governement itself ? or all the above ?

this has seriously fecked my plans up in life to escape from dull island.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

The value of a currency is mainly detremined by the value of goods and services that a country can provide within its borders and also export in addition to the returns on pure investments using that particular currency.

Who is to blame for this terrible situation ourselves for sleepwalking into this situation ? the financial regulators or the governement itself ? or all the above ?

this has seriously fliped my plans up in life to escape from dull island.
        How wonder how much of this has to do with a more honest behaviour in conducting international politics. I mean, look at Italy and what Berlusconi says.... "our banks will never fail, we will create millions of jobs". If something wrong happens, it is immediately covered up and ignored. The media don't spread doom everywhere. I don't think that the state of UK economy is that f..ked up at all, it's only that they reveal it openly to the world. However, yes, in the long term everything comes to the light so perhaps it was better this way rather then covering the situation until a full collapse.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

this has seriously fliped my plans up in life to escape from dull island.

Currency is based on the value of the people who sell their labour for it. Germans sell their labour for Euros, therefore you need to buy Euros to purchase German labour.

The pound is the currency of chavs, moneylenders and BTLer's.

Comment

if Gordon reduces interest rates further £1 will be less than a Euro
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My mother-in-law and her partner put in an offer on a house in Portugal about two weeks ago.

Unfortunately every day makes their offer less attractive to the seller (who has tentatively agreed it).

So the more this goes on, the less likely I am to get rid of her

Consider people like me during this crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
                My mother-in-law and her partner put in an offer on a house in Portugal about two weeks ago.

Unfortunately every day makes their offer less attractive to the seller (who has tentatively agreed it).

So the more this goes on, the less likely I am to get rid of her

why did the buyer accept an offer in GBP and not Euros? guess they must be British?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post

[snip]

Are you taking the piss?

You seriously think that people who can afford to bid for a house in foreign country should really be helped or thought over? It's a ****ing crisis right now, batten down the hatches and keep cash dry, even if it's in GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Are you taking the piss?

You seriously think that people who can afford to bid for a house in foreign country should really be helped or thought over? It's a ****ing crisis right now, batten down the hatches and keep cash dry, even if it's in GBP.
                    Oh dear, someone hasn't got the mother-in-law joke

He's worried he won't be able to get rid of her!
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X