• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Dinner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Dinner

Tesco Finest Cumbrian sausages.
    Instant mashed potatoes.
    Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash

you should be a chef

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      you should be a chef
      His expertise in food is on par with his knowledge of economics. A pity that he feels like he has to write something here about both.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW Super poster View Post
        Instant mashed potatoes.
        Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash
        You really are a saddo by impersonating the biggest loser on the board!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW Super poster View Post
          Instant mashed potatoes.
          Gravy

Waitrose Orange squash
          Yeh prison food is not what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            His expertise in food is on par with his knowledge of economics. A pity that he feels like he has to write something here about both.
            Your expertise at spotting a troll using a fake version of somebody else's user ID is on a par with his expertise in food

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Your expertise at spotting a troll using a fake version of somebody else's user ID is on a par with his expertise in food
              Sure, like real Atw's food threads are so different...
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What's the fascination the British have with telling everyone which supermarket their food came from?

I just don't get it.

Coincidentally, I had bangers and mash last night too, but here's my version:

Leberwurst and sliced onions in the bottom of a casserole dish.
                Freshly made mashed potato, salted and with nutmeg. Placed on top of the sausages.
                Cooked in the oven until the sausages and onions were bubbling nicely.
                The lid taken off for the last 10 or so minutes to give the mash a golden brown crust on top.
                Served with lightly boiled fresh green beans, still slightly crunchy.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  What's the fascination the British have with telling everyone which supermarket their food came from?

I just don't get it.

Coincidentally, I had bangers and mash last night too, but here's my version:

Leberwurst and sliced onions in the bottom of a casserole dish.
                  Freshly made mashed potato, salted and with nutmeg. Placed on top of the sausages.
                  Cooked in the oven until the sausages and onions were bubbling nicely.
                  The lid taken off for the last 10 or so minutes to give the mash a golden brown crust on top.
                  Served with lightly boiled fresh green beans, still slightly crunchy.
                  mashed cauliflower is a nice alternative to pots.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Sure, like real Atw's food threads are so different...
                    They are - I almost never use Tesco and certainly no instant mashed potatoes...

Comment

Working...
                    X