• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain will come out of this recession before Euroland...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain will come out of this recession before Euroland...

You heard it here first. The falling pound is excellent news for the manufacturing sector which at 16% of the economy is twice the 8% of the financial sector. Britain's huge amount of public sector employees will keep demand at a highish level and the laid off financial service employees who are generally highly educated will find employment in the global economy.

Welcome to the dynamic, post-industrial economy. I really pity European manufacturing economies like Germany - this crisis will mqake companies like BMW and VW offshore manufacturing at a huge rate to maintain profitability.
    Boomed!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Which SASguru is this one?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You heard it here first. The falling pound is excellent news for the manufacturing sector
      What bleeding manufacturing sector???
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/uk.html

Exports to: US 14.2%, Germany 11.1%, France 8.1%, Ireland 8%, Netherlands 6.8%, Belgium 5.3%, Spain 4.5%, Italy 4.1% (2007) (total: $442.2 bln)

Imports: US 14.2%, Germany 11.1%, France 8.1%, Ireland 8%, Netherlands 6.8%, Belgium 5.3%, Spain 4.5%, Italy 4.1% (2007) (total: $621.4).

--

I can see it just now - most of Europe (UKs main trading partner) is in deep recession but they buy a lot of UK exports

If only UK exported all the 'tards like guru - but nobody would want them even if UK paid for them to be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          The sensible one. So the fake.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            The one that posts at weekends.

Comment

I agree. Good news for what remains of UK manufacturing. I hope some of the investment that would otherwise have gone to Ireland/Holland etc now comes here. I'm thinking firms like Shell, GSK etc...
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

............and excellent news for the UK offices of EPC companies like Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, MWK, AMEC, Costain, Simon Carves etc..
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I hope some of the investment that would otherwise have gone to Ireland/Holland etc now comes here.
                  Why would it come here if taxes are so high? Labour Govt is clearly going to hang on until the end, probably 2010 at the earliest so any new Govt measures will kick in 2011 or maybe even 2012.

Europe will be out of recession well before that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Europe will be out of recession well before that.
                    Recession? What recession? We haven't stopped bathing in champagne and eating caviar with our biscuits for breakfast here yet...
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X