• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whos throws a shoe, i mean honestly!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos throws a shoe, i mean honestly!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7782422.stm

it was all good till he missed!! but of course he is good at ducking and diving

Comment

Kruschev used to bang his shoe on the table to reinforce his point

Comment

In the forces they talk about giving someone a good shoeing, but I don't think the idea is to throw a shoe unless your foot is inside it!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This shoe thing has to be seen in cultural context. It is actually a really serious insult. In an English context equivalent to deliberately spitting or peeing on someone.

Comment

If he visits NL, I might just speek to my mate who won the Dutch national discus championship and see if he might be persuaded to throw something altogether more lethal with more speed and accuracy.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
              This shoe thing has to be seen in cultural context. It is actually a really serious insult. In an English context equivalent to deliberately spitting or peeing on someone.
              So why do they take their shoes off to enter mosques?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

so lets get this straight.
                The Iraqis throw a shoe at the leader of the west and say, take that, what an insult.

In the west , we take the leader of the Iraqis and hang him till his head comes off.

I know which side I would rather be on

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  So why do they take their shoes off to enter mosques?
                  Maybe I didn't make it clear. Showing someone the sole of the shoe is pretty bad, hitting them in the face with it is worse. You take your shoes off 'cause you don't want to be taking the street dirt in with you.

Comment

Please don't clog the forum up with this kind of trivia. It's sole destroying.

Comment

Working...
                    X