• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get your Kleenex out...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your Kleenex out...

...Credit Crunch ™ victim

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...it-crunch.html

Anthea Turner claims that she might lose her £5million mansion after she and her husband took a beating in the credit crunch.

The former queen of daytime TV, once one of the highest-paid women in broadcasting, broke down in tears as she talked about the collapse of Grant Bovey's £100million buy-to-let empire.

The couple keep a string of horses at their Surrey home set in 57 acres.

They holiday at ski chalets in the Alps and on yachts in the Mediterranean.

But now the 48-year-old presenter says she fears for the future.

'Our backs are against the wall,' she said.

'We are in it like lots of other people in this country who have been bitten by economic circumstances.

'I can't remember the last time I slept properly because of the worry. I'll be 50 in 18 months and now I don't even know whether we can keep our home.
    'The property industry has been caught with its knickers around its ankles.'

Only last year Bovey, 47, boasted that one of his companies would make them £1billion. The business, Imagine Homes, was being prepared for stock market flotation.

But now it is in the hands of HBoS, Bovey's former business partners, who have taken over amid chaos in the property market.

Sorry I can't go on. This is too sad.

I was expecting Pot Noodle action, not some thread about Anthea Turner

Still, at least they mentioned how much her house is worth...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

She thinks her house is worth that much?

Oh dear.

Best get the balsam version of the kleenex ready...

Comment

It's a real shame.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Come the revolution, they will be...
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I mean, who could have foreseen the fall in UK house prices after the sub-prime fallout in the US or the debt bubble in the UK, or lax lending in the UK and banks offering 125% mortgages at 8x salary?

It was a Black Swan and no mistake.....

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

I was expecting Pot Noodle action, not some thread about Anthea Turner

Still, at least they mentioned how much her house is worth...
              If it helps, read the bit about "knickers round the ankles" and think of Anthea Turner on her knees, begging for a crisp £50.

Comment

http://caughtinthemiddleman.files.wo..._gallery_4.jpg
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

i'd help her out of her credit crunch
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    ...Credit Crunch ™ victim

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...it-crunch.html

Anthea Turner claims that she might lose her £5million mansion after she and her husband took a beating in the credit crunch.

The former queen of daytime TV, once one of the highest-paid women in broadcasting, broke down in tears as she talked about the collapse of Grant Bovey's £100million buy-to-let empire.

The couple keep a string of horses at their Surrey home set in 57 acres.

They holiday at ski chalets in the Alps and on yachts in the Mediterranean.

But now the 48-year-old presenter says she fears for the future.

'We are in it like lots of other people in this country who have been bitten by economic circumstances.

'I can't remember the last time I slept properly because of the worry. I'll be 50 in 18 months and now I don't even know whether we can keep our home.
                    'The property industry has been caught with its knickers around its ankles.'

Only last year Bovey, 47, boasted that one of his companies would make them £1billion. The business, Imagine Homes, was being prepared for stock market flotation.

But now it is in the hands of HBoS, Bovey's former business partners, who have taken over amid chaos in the property market.

Sorry I can't go on. This is too sad.

You so love posting stories about successful people losing bigtime. Are you a labour politian?

It'd be really funny if you lost everything. I doubt that you've actually got anything worth losing.

Comment

Working...
                    X