• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a nice weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice weekend

I had a lazy weekend lined up but due to some unexpected developments, I had to do stuff and it turned into one of those magical 'weekends to remember'.
    First off my eighteen year old son was visiting, so I takes him to the pub and we had a real good father to son talk, nothing heavy, just really pleasant. Then he tells me that he cant take the train back on Sunday so I agree to drop him off, then the missus says 'we might as well drop the Christmas presents off at your daughters', so we visited them in Liverpool and had a look around her new loft extension.

While we were there we went to crosby and saw the iron men on the beach, very impressive, looked at the Welsh hills in the distance, then moved on to the heritage market on the dock road.
    Picked up 9 kilos of fresh meat for £20 , then back home for a hot toddy and some home made scotch broth with crusty bread.

next weekend , i will have a lazy one

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    on the dock road.
    Picked up 9 kilos of fresh meat for £20 , then back home for a hot toddy

Comment

Those Iron Men are impressive... my aunty lives just across the bay and last time I visited we went round for a look.

I'm amazed no ones tried to steal them yet
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Those Iron Men are impressive... my aunty lives just across the bay and last time I visited we went round for a look.

I'm amazed no ones tried to steal them yet
        there are 100 of them, and not a single one had any hub caps left

http://www.photo-digital.co.uk/engla...coastguard.jpg

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          ...some home made scotch...
          Is how I just read it...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X