• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for petrol heads - what's a good MPG?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for petrol heads - what's a good MPG?

Mrs Jog and myself are looking to purchase a new vehicle.

Our budget is around £1k and we like Hondas but something decent for that price bracket will do.

I'm looking at typical MPG figures for different cars and can't really tell what's good and what isn't.

What's a good MPG for a 1.8-2 Litre engine?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Don't think there are many new cars for a grand?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Don't think there are many new cars for a grand?
      typo - i think he meant 12.5k
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

This one is very economical - will cost under a grand and will fit nicely when parked next to your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          This one is very economical - will cost under a grand and will fit nicely when parked next to your bike.
          How do you know I have a bike?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Mrs Jog and myself are looking to purchase a new vehicle.

Our budget is around £1k and we like Hondas but something decent for that price bracket will do.

I'm looking at typical MPG figures for different cars and can't really tell what's good and what isn't.

What's a good MPG for a 1.8-2 Litre engine?
            Depends whether it's diesel or petrol really but for a petrol engine I would consider 40+ good
            Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
              Depends whether it's diesel or petrol really but for a petrol engine I would consider 40+ good
              And the prize for a genuine and usefull answer is awarded!

Comment

And the prize for a genuine and usefull answer is awarded!

He did not specify if he meant km or miles...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He did not specify if he meant km or miles...
                  With the thread title having MPG in it there is no need for such specification.

Comment

With the thread title having MPG in it there is no need for such specification.
                    You are making an assumption here. It's you who is buying the car remember, you take the risks of asking CUK membership to help you out

Comment

Working...
                    X