• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let the free market rip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the free market rip!

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and have come to conclusion that all these bailouts etc. are merely postponing the inevitable. To really and truly compete again we need national regeneration.
    In order to do this we must stop subsidising failing and weak banks and companies and let them go to the wall. The banks will only do it again if they get bailed out.
    So rather than piling billions into them, let them all fail. Use the money to pay for the unemployment benefits for the people who will be made unemployed. So the CEO will get the same as the cleaner.
    Next, put into place an attractive tax regime for business and inward investment - low taxes, low regulation etc.
    A little suffering will be good for the national soul after years of softness - after all where's the Blitz spirit?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and have come to conclusion that all these bailouts etc. are merely postponing the inevitable. To really and truly compete again we need national regeneration.
    In order to do this we must stop subsidising failing and weak banks and companies and let them go to the wall. The banks will only do it again if they get bailed out.
    So rather than piling billions into them, let them all fail. Use the money to pay for the unemployment benefits for the people who will be made unemployed. So the CEO will get the same as the cleaner.
    Next, put into place an attractive tax regime for business and inward investment - low taxes, low regulation etc.
    A little suffering will be good for the national soul after years of softness - after all where's the Blitz spirit?
    OK, but how about the savers who've lost everything? Do they have to start all over again?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I said this ages ago (let the banks fail and use any bailout money to protect only the peoples savings, pensions and to lend to small businesses) and everyone called me a tw@t.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        everyone called me a tw@t.
        Probably for other reasons ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I said this ages ago (let the banks fail and use any bailout money to protect only the peoples savings, pensions and to lend to small businesses) and everyone called me a tw@t.
          Wasn't me, I save that word for AtW
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

So much money has now been pissed into the wind, and is yet to be pissed into the wind that it might have been cheaper to just pay off everyone’s mortgage and start again at 0.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Your plan has merit, but only for the reason of inevitability. Once the country has run out of money giving it up for these bailouts, of which I think there will be three goes at, then your plan will happen, anyway. Apart from the dole bit, 'cause there won't be any 'money' for that either.

Comment

Probably for other reasons ...
                Now you mention it...

Comment

Me too, but I said savers should lose their money as borrows should lose their debts. Of course those with savings here hated the idea, saying putting money in the bank is not investing, etc. Yawn.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I or one of the other sockpuppets agreed with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X