• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking near heathrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking near heathrow

I would like to park near to heathrow every weekend, has anyone found a good cheap deal, other than the numerous rip off merchants. Maybe even there's some free on road parking somewhere nearby?

Cheers
    BP
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I would like to park near to heathrow every weekend, has anyone found a good cheap deal, other than the numerous rip off merchants. Maybe even there's some free on road parking somewhere nearby?

Cheers
    BP
    You should be OK parking in one of the "open access" company car parks on the South side of the A30 between Hatton Cross and the junction of the A30 with the A4, about ten minutes walk from Hatton Cross (which itself is one or two tube stops to the Heathrow terminal stations).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      You should be OK parking in one of the "open access" company car parks
      What time do they close in the evening?

Comment

How near is near?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

And can you leave car there for a couple of week?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            What time do they close in the evening?
            They don't - that's what I meant by "open access": off-road parking areas surrounding office buildings. Provided you don't take the mick and park right next to the front entrance of a building, you should be safe for a couple of weeks tucked away in some unobtrusive spot round the back.

But I haven't worked round there for four or five years now, and things may have changed in that time, especially after all these terrorism capers and the general increase in regulation etc.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              How near is near?

Near enough to get a cheap taxi to the airport. Want to do it on a weekly basis. Leaving Friday afternoon coming back to get car Monday am. Though of parking near some tube station as per owl, but not sure where I can get away with it.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Are you a contractor or a permie? Just have your driver drop you off outside the terminal, then meet you with the Aston on your return. What could be simpler?

HTH

Dim Prawn.

Comment

I parked in Hounslow, um can't remember (probably West) station.

Was definately a better deal than inside the airport

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                    I parked in Hounslow, um can't remember (probably West) station.

Was definately a better deal than inside the airport

tim
                    I've done that occasionally. However, you might come back to find your car on bricks. There's some bad-ass kids who live round there.

Comment

Working...
                    X