• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pvr and 2 sky boxes vs sky+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pvr and 2 sky boxes vs sky+

I think Sky is a rip off but her indoors pays. We have a twin lnb and two sky boxes but only a really crap dvd recorder. If I get a pvr will it have an epg for sky channels?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I think Sky is a rip off but her indoors pays. We have a twin lnb and two sky boxes but only a really crap dvd recorder. If I get a pvr will it have an epg for sky channels?
    I have a Sony pvr and it does have epg for **SOME** sky channels but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      It'll be an absolute ball-ache. Just phone them up and pick the option to cancel your subscription, and tell them you're cancelling because recording's a pain in the arse.

Chances are they'll send out a nice man with a quad lnb and a couple of sky+ boxes for nothing (Sky+ doesn't cost any more than standard Sky).

This also runs a small risk of them going ahead and cancelling it
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Chances are they'll send out a nice man with a quad lnb and a couple of sky+ boxes for nothing (Sky+ doesn't cost any more than standard Sky).
        Isn't there still a £10 charge for Sky+ unless you have the full channel package?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Isn't there still a £10 charge for Sky+ unless you have the full channel package?
          No, they don't charge any extra for it any more. The only time you have to pay for the recording is if you cancel your Sky subscription and still want to use the PVR functionality on the free to view channels, then they'll still charge you £10 a month, thieves that they are!
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            No, they don't charge any extra for it any more. The only time you have to pay for the recording is if you cancel your Sky subscription and still want to use the PVR functionality on the free to view channels, then they'll still charge you £10 a month, thieves that they are!
            I'm hoping they'll ditch the extra £10 for HD when you have a multiroom package - £20 a month is a bit steep for HD multiroom.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
            X