• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police up to old trick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police up to old trick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7773727.stm

During his summing up, trial judge Mr Justice Mackay told the jury: "What this trial may have revealed to you, on this occasion, [is that] Mohammed Asha's rights were not fully respected.
    They said they were doing everything they could to ensure there were no more car bombs in existence that could have been a danger to the public - and denied any attempt to deliberately keep a lawyer away from the doctor.

Stephen Kamlish QC, for Dr Asha, told the jury: "These officers disgracefully lied to him, intimidated and bullied him into thinking they had evidence against him.
    Lesson of the day...distrust the Police.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7773727.stm

Lesson of the day...distrust the Police.
    Look, we have just seen the Menezes jury make an excellent go at telling us what verdict they would have returned if they hadn't been forbidden to. There was little risk of us coming away from reading about that with any sort of increased inclination to trust the police.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7763097.stm

Extremist material was found on both Sabeel Ahmed and Dr Asha's laptops, and both gave money to Kafeel Ahmed and Dr Abdulla, the jury heard
      You can try and paint it anyway you want in your ‘us against them world’ but unfortunately a guilty man has walked free because of lack of evidence.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7763097.stm

You can try and paint it anyway you want in your ‘us against them world’ but unfortunately a guilty man has walked free because of lack of evidence.
        How can he be guilty if there is no evidence?

Oh wait.....tanned skin...now I get it.
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

How can he be guilty if there is no evidence?

Oh wait.....tanned skin...now I get it.
          Unfortunately in English Law you don't have the verdict of 'Not Proven'.

Ahhh, now I see, he was just arrested and charged because he's Asian, nothing to do with the fact he was in communication with both attackers over the period of both bombings and the extremist material on his laptop and the fact he was also supplying both parties with money, he was just a decent chap. Get the chip off your shoulder. Racist.

There's an old saying, "you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows"
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Unfortunately in English Law you don't have the verdict of 'Not Proven'.

Ahhh, now I see, he was just arrested and charged because he's Asian, nothing to do with the fact he was in communication with both attackers over the period of both bombings and the extremist material on his laptop and the fact he was also supplying both parties with money, he was just a decent chap. Get the chip off your shoulder. Racist.

There's an old saying, "you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows"

racist? hmmmm....I'd analyse things a bit better dude.

Mr Kamlish said extremist material had got onto Dr Asha's computer when Dr Abdulla loaded a batch of software on to the machine. It had been concealed within certain files, he said.

He added: "There is no evidence that Mohammed Asha has viewed any of it."
            BTW Asha is a Jordanian.....Who's racist now. I assume you believe all Asians are the root of all evil.
            Last edited by lilelvis2000; 16 December 2008, 14:26.

Comment

BTW Asha is a Jordanian.....Who's racist now. I assume you believe all Asians are the root of all evil.
              No, but last time I looked, Jordan was part of the Asian continent. Did they teach you something different at your school?

Comment

Trying to shift the debate..cool. I consider Jordanians as Arabs. never mind the geography lesson...besides in the UK he'd be "black".

Comment

Trying to shift the debate..cool. I consider Jordanians as Arabs. never mind the geography lesson...besides in the UK he'd be "black".
                  Would he? Again, there's that little chip of yours getting in the way of a constructive debate.

I don't care where Asha's from. In my eyes he's guilty, not Jordanian. You're the one who brought his country of origin / skin tone into it.

Comment

Would he? Again, there's that little chip of yours getting in the way of a constructive debate.

I don't care where Asha's from. In my eyes he's guilty, not Jordanian. You're the one who brought his country of origin / skin tone into it.
                    Cool, right a letter to to judge I'm sure he might consider it.

Comment

Working...
                    X