• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations for Windows "post it" note prog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for Windows "post it" note prog

Anyone know of a good pop-up "text scrap book" application for Windows?

I'm thinking of something whereby one could paste a text string, such as a URL or copied paragraph, along with keyword(s) one specified, for later regurgitation on demand. In other words a kind of post-it note system.

Any recommendations for a good Windows prog that does this, without having too many bells and whistles?

I'm not primarily talking about an appointment reminder system or diary (although possibly that might be incorporated), but more a kind of annotated scrap book.

It wouldn't be hard to write one if nobody knows of any.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

like the notes in outlook?

Comment

How about Post-It Digital Notes?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I use Evernote

Been using it for several years - the free one works well. I paid for it as I like but I must confess not to using all the functionality
        "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

google notebook
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I used an early version of this about 7 years ago - it was excellent

Comment

Tiddlywiki
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
                like the notes in outlook?
                Outlook Express? Do me a favour - I don't have all day

What I mean is a hot key rather like ctrl + alt + W pops up my Word Web spell checker / dictionary (a brilliant little app that I'd highly recommend). But instead of a word definition there would be input fields for text and keyword(s).

Thanks for the suggestions so far though. I'll definitely check them out.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Outlook Express? Do me a favour - I don't have all day
                  Outlook which comes with Office
                  NOT Outlook Express with is freeware(ish)

Outlook is a great tool, adress book, notes, etc and syncs with your phone
                  ... so you can make notes whilst you are in the other cubicle too.

Comment

Sidekick
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X