• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Searching for CVs on Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for CVs on Google

I am currently updating my CV. I wanted to look at layouts of other people's. I remember reading on here once something you could type into google and it would bring up results of just CVs in doc format, can anyone tell me the command?

search for "CV.doc" ?

Comment

Or maybe click on the bit that says "advanced search"?

...there goes the next head of IBM.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I see that the consensual reports in the press on the decline of education in this country are not overblown.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hey, give the OP credit where it's due !

Most newly-qualified graduates are too arrogant to ask because they know everything anyway.

At least he/she made the effort !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Thanks for all your help. There was a different command though which is what I am trying to remember, it certainly wasn't just typing .doc

Comment

CONTACT INFORMATION
              Name
              Address
              Telephone
              Cell Phone
              Email
              <easy, this bit>

PERSONAL INFORMATION
              Date of Birth <not too far over 30 or you’ll be too old>
              Place of Birth <miss this bit out if your place of birth is in West Africa or the Middle East>
              Citizenship <yes, but don’t say where from>
              Visa Status <OK, as long as you aren’t a Brazilian electrician>
              Sex <Open to offers>
              Optional Personal Information:
              Marital Status <see previous answer>
              Spouse's Name <snoggles, chunkythighs, bendover>
              Children <some>

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
              Lie in chronological order, include position details and datesWork History
              Academic Positions
              Research and Training

EDUCATION
              Include dates, majors, and plenty of fake degrees, ‘computer based training’ and imaginary certification
              High School
              University
              Graduate School
              Post-Doctoral Training

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
              Lie through your teeth here
              Certifications and Accreditations
              Computer Skills

AWARDS
              Won any egg and spoon races recently?

REFERENCES
              <insert names and addresses of at least two people you’ve bribed down the pub>

Good luck!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone got any real answers!?
                Last edited by Fairly New graduate; 17 December 2008, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairly New graduate View Post
                  Anyone got any really answers!?
                  real

Geez... these grads. ;-).

To answer your question... when you get the type of responses you have received in this thread.... the chances are you won't get an answer you want.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairly New graduate View Post
                    Anyone got any really answers!?
                    No although I was prompted to do a bit of research on your behalf. I can find no reference at all to the "command" you refer to and I therefore conclude that you are mistaken or have misunderstood.

Comment

Working...
                    X