• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxpayers ...Your country needs you!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxpayers ...Your country needs you!

Taxpayers need to fork out more to bail Britain out

I think this calls for some more patriotic statements about, not what the country can do for you but, what you can do for your country.

Perhaps we could conclude this thread by singing the national anthem.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I think this calls for some more patriotic statements about, not what the country can do for you but, what you can do for your country.

We can just print money.

Anyway : anyone with any sense will move to a decent country.

Comment

Yes, we should all stand as one with hands to our hearts and sing the national anthem together.

Altogether now...

God of nations! at Thy feet
      In the bonds of love we meet,
      Hear our voices, we entreat,
      God defend our Free Land.
      Guard Pacific's triple star,
      From the shafts of strife and war,
      Make her praises heard afar,
      God defend New Zealand...

Just practising.

Comment

Not sure this has much relevance to anyone here.

Comment

Listening to PMQ - very funny today. Plenty of name calling.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Sorry can't help. I'm only on the minimum wage.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

As the article points out
              Banks cannot lend cheaply in a recession and recapitalise simultaneously. Another rate cut will f-up sterling and knacker the banks further, still some people on this board might have a cheaper mortgage until they are benched
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Just as I predicted back in October:

Asked recently about whether to rule out the wholesale nationalisation of the banking system, Mr King said it would be "a very serious error to rule out measures which may eventually prove necessary".

Although senior policymakers view such an eventuality as a last resort, it has come significantly closer. The bank bail-out has not had the desired effect in kick-starting lending, although it has, so far, prevented the banks from collapsing entirely.

Peter Spencer of the University of York warned that full-scale nationalisation is now "almost inevitable".
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  We can just print money.

Anyway : anyone with any sense will move to a decent country.
                  Will the fivers have Gordon Brown on them?

Comment

Hey, at this rate we'll have the old pound notes back.

I'd put Peter Mandelson on those.

Comment

Working...
                    X