• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online file repository

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online file repository

Is there some backup or file storage facility online as I cannot save on the client machine, nor email out either. Memory sticks can't be written to either.

Just need somewhere to stick some files so that I can pull them down when I get back home (don't have a website yet either)

Ta.

Dropbox? http://www.getdropbox.com/

Comment

There is a beta of livedrive at the moment available via a link on the register website, I'm just trying it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        Is there some backup or file storage facility online as I cannot save on the client machine, nor email out either. Memory sticks can't be written to either.

Just need somewhere to stick some files so that I can pull them down when I get back home (don't have a website yet either)

Ta.
        Not your question, but can you really ftp when you can't even email?

I would also add the obvious caveat: if the client prevents you so effectively from saving files and taking them offsite, it is to be expected that they will be angry with you if you do so. Why are you doing it?

Comment

Ta.
          You should raise this with your client who will advise accordingly.

QB.

Comment

I use getdropbox as well. It is champion.

The client does not work at clientCo but the website allows me to get files in and out.

Comment

Ta.
              Googlemail has an online repository. However, you will need to check with the client first to make sure that no policies are being breached.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
              X