• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Introductions at a Stage Gate meeting……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introductions at a Stage Gate meeting……

Working in silos meant that key people who should be working together were making introductions at a critical stage gate meeting.

Can anyone beat this??

Very poor effort Wilmslow's creator.

This episode looks quite boring. I prefer the stories of house purchases at the top of the market and angry Italian mobsters.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Working in silos meant that key people who should be working together were making introductions at a critical stage gate meeting.

Can anyone beat this??
      Does anyone have any idea WTF he is on about?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Does anyone have any idea WTF he is on about?
        Nothing here - think he might be on about beating something though?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Apparently his office is located in a silo.

This explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Apparently his office is located in a silo.

This explains a lot.
            Is a silo a sort of mental hospital then?

And wtf is a stage gate? Is this some sort of psychological test?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              And wtf is a stage gate?
              Sounds like something theatrical?
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Very poor effort Wilmslow's creator.

This episode looks quite boring. I prefer the stories of house purchases at the top of the market and angry Italian mobsters.
                I still maintain I got a bargain of a house.

A year ago the house would have gone for £320K.

When I bought, it was up for a very reasonable £280K. They wanted a quick sale, so took it down to £260 meaning I got it for the stamp duty threshold at £250K.

Given this is a detached bungalow in Wilmslow which is hard to come across, I have a house that should be instantly sellable.

It is the lowest price that a house in my area has gone for in the last 8 years. One in much worse nick went for a lot more around the same time.

Cost around £10K to modernise, nice new bathroom, lounge and kitchen. Joiner retired hence tenner an hour cash in hand.

Would I do it again? Yes.

Only regret is not being able to flow the house I was moving from. However, making £300 a month from the rental income, so paying around the same for a much nicer house.

Comment

When I bought, it was up for a very reasonable £280K. They wanted a quick sale, so took it down to £260 meaning I got it for the stamp duty threshold at £250K.

Given this is a detached bungalow in Wilmslow which is hard to come across, I have a house that should be instantly sellable.

It is the lowest price that a house in my area has gone for in the last 8 years. One in much worse nick went for a lot more around the same time.

Cost around £10K to modernise, nice new bathroom, lounge and kitchen. Joiner retired hence tenner an hour cash in hand.

Only regret is not being able to flow the house I was moving from. However, making £300 a month from the rental income, so paying around the same for a much nicer house.
                  And how are the mobsters?

Comment

Assuming you knock tulip loads off it like the last owners did!
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X