• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eh Eh calm down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh Eh calm down

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential...000322&S=C&O=A
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

What does Harry Enfield's scouser's phrase have to do with the auctioning of the cumberland hotel in London?

Comment

Does my link not work for you? Look at lot 307
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

That's better.
        Does the price include full use of Anna Friel?

Comment

I don't think she is listed in the chattels

Comment

But her dad's under the patio.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
              What does Harry Enfield's scouser's phrase have to do with the auctioning of the cumberland hotel in London?

That's odd, I got the Cumberland Hotel first time as well.

Anyway, I am surprised that these places were never sold off at the end of the series.

Comment

Can someone please explain this to me as I have never understood the point of it...

'Long Leasehold. Each property is held on a lease for a term of 999 years from 1st January 1978 (thus having approximately 969 years unexpired) at a current ground rent of ranging from £31 to £41 per annum.'

why have a 999 year lease, why not just sell the whole thing ?

Is the underlying own going to will it to their future descendents ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                  That's better.
                  Does the price include full use of Anna Friel?
                  My wife works with her mum.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Can someone please explain this to me as I have never understood the point of it...

'Long Leasehold. Each property is held on a lease for a term of 999 years from 1st January 1978 (thus having approximately 969 years unexpired) at a current ground rent of ranging from £31 to £41 per annum.'

why have a 999 year lease, why not just sell the whole thing ?

Is the underlying own going to will it to their future descendents ?

Milan.
                    There seem to be a few places in the country where the Freehold of the land is held in trusts or complicated grants so can't be sold off and houses as a consequence have long leases.

I know much of Lytham and St Annes is like this and even quite old houses (Victorian 100+ years) have leasehold rather than freehold arrangements.

Comment

Working...
                    X