• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something British for Christmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something British for Christmas?

Now then folks, what with the pound being worth less than the European Lira, I'm considering using my not-very-hard-earned euros to come to the UK and buy something British for christmas.

Any suggestions?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Now then folks, what with the pound being worth less than the European Lira, I'm considering using my not-very-hard-earned euros to come to the UK and buy something British for christmas.

Any suggestions?
    A bank?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      A bank?
      Yes, but I think he might want something that'll last into the new year.

Comment

Any suggestions?
        How about buying Norfolk? That's still fairly British compared to much of the country and at the current exchange rate you can probably afford it easily.

Comment

Any suggestions?
          You could buy atw. Please take him home with you.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            How about buying Norfolk? That's still fairly British compared to much of the country and at the current exchange rate you can probably afford it easily.
            That's becoming more feasible by the minute.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

irony or surrealism are good value brit buys
              car
              "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Morris Marina?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Naa... the sea will have that back soon, global warmin' innit.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Any suggestions?
                    A crate of Tesco value lager!

Comment

Working...
                    X