• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here a freemason?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here a freemason?

Are you or a "friend" a freemason? Friend is one and I'm kinda tempted to join them for networking purposes and meet new people. What's the costs involved (time/money etc)?

My Dad was and it cost a lot in time/money - he used to quote the Monty Python Architects sketch where the bloke said "if you let me join I'll sit at the back and not get in anyone's way" and point out that, at least in his experience, that isn't possible.

I know another geezer who is and says much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
      Are you or a "friend" a freemason? Friend is one and I'm kinda tempted to join them for networking purposes and meet new people. What's the costs involved (time/money etc)?
      It's worth it if you're a businessman running a successful company.

Totally waste of time for IT contractors though

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
        I don't think I am allowed to tell you if I were?

Comment

I thought Churchill was a lodge mascot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I don't think I am allowed to tell you if I were?
            It's all a bit different these days.

Comment

I was going to join but then found out why you had to bring a jar of KY Jelly on the first night
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I was going to join but then found out why you had to bring a jar of KY Jelly on the first night
                and expose your left nipple while having your right trouser leg rolled up and blind folded.

So I've heard

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  and expose your left nipple while having your right trouser leg rolled up and blind folded.

So I've heard
                  It's when they wanted us standing in a ring, hands to the right trousers down I had to run. I'm all for secret shakes, but that was TOO FAR!
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It always makes me laugh when I hear about people being asked to join. Someone I worked with on my last gig was one of those people.
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X