• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Former employer putting the boot in!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former employer putting the boot in!!!!

After 30 years with the same employer, I was made redundant in July. They tried to convince me that there was an open and fair selection process of course......anyway, I eventually signed a compromise agreement and took a voluntary package

After five weeks, I found my first contract job. As it happens, my client is a supplier to my former company. My role requires me to interface to my old company and work with a number of my former colleagues. At a working level there are no problems and I have quickly integrated into the project team

After a week in the new role, my client is asked by my old company to remove me from the project. This has happened through the proper account management team. My new employer is happy with my performance and is looking for an alternative role and wants me to "soft handover" to my replacement. They believe that the request is down to a "historic personality clash" or something and that it is nothing to do with my performance in my new role.

I believe that my old company are behaving in a totally unethical and unreasonable manner. Surely they have no right to do this. Are there actions unlawful though?

Only if it's because you is black.

Comment

I is what I is

Comment

Contractors iz destroyin' our community, so when a bruva' makes it through, he deserves our respect. So, let's big it up for me main man Hiram, who has been off da contractor route now for eight years!
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

If you is black, it's ding-ding jackpot time. If you isn't, forget it, clients are perfectly entitled to reject third party staff if they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            If you is black, it's ding-ding jackpot time. If you isn't, forget it, clients are perfectly entitled to reject third party staff if they wish.
            Its all part of the game we play! Just move on, forget it.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              Only if it's because you is black.
              Talking about which, on my way into work this morning I let a car out in front of me. The driver was as Black as the ace of spades. I noticed her registration number ended in "KKK" I wonder if she realised the irony...
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

They are probably scared that you may realise that they have constructively dismissed you in the first place.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

King Of Type: welcome to the contractors world. Stop whinging and do as you're told. Just charge lots for it.
                  Chico, what time is it?

Comment

And..........

Stop using the word employer in relation to you current contract. You give contractors a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                    X