• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

millionaire (albeit temporarily)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

millionaire (albeit temporarily)

It's a bit of a boast I know, but I had to put pen to paper.

Been contracting a decade or so, and built up a nice nest-egg.

The majority of my assets are non GBP and with the recent collapse in GBP, my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.

I know it's a bit of a boast, but for obvious reasons, can't go around shouting IRL.

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    It's a bit of a boast I know, but I had to put pen to paper.

Been contracting a decade or so, and built up a nice nest-egg.

The majority of my assets are non GBP and with the recent collapse in GBP, my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.

I know it's a bit of a boast, but for obvious reasons, can't go around shouting IRL.
    Now is a good time to put those millions into your pension and retire early. ;-)
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Congrats on the £1m, must be a nice feeling.

I'm not long in the contracting game so am still at the stage of clearing credit cards and so on, but its nice to see +ve cashflow and being able to think about savings/investments for change, rather than when I was over on the dark side (a place I am NEVER going back to!) when it was all doom, gloom and an ever-growing overdraft. That feeling that its just never going to end, that you're stuck with it for life......so glad I made the move to the bright side of the road!

I find it a slightly odd position to be in, although I am getting used to it...looking at the books, seeing an small pile of excess cash (nothing like your mountain though!) and wondering what to do with it - leave it where it is gathering interest (another odd feeling - getting bank statements where they pay interest and don't take it back off again many times over in overdraft charges!) , or stick it in the pension fund, maybe pay out a dividend and go on holiday....

So enjoy your million, even if its simply the warm feeling of having a huge financial cushion under you. its a great achievement. Don't let anyone knock you down for it. Its yours, you've earned it yourself and therefore you deserve every penny. Best of luck

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

WHS.

An immense achievement, I can only hope to aspire to that
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.
          Thats rubbish. I'm worth 17 million...

...zimbabwean dollars!!
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

the way the british pound is going, might as well be zimbabwean dollars.

Sad thing is, I'm unable to tell anybody.

Wife, friends, family: it's not a good idea to tell any of them.

So, CUK is like a confession box of sorts.

Comment

So, CUK is like a confession box of sorts.
              I assume that, as CUK is a public forum, most lie on here.

Comment

Wife, friends, family: it's not a good idea to tell any of them.
                Sorry mate but if that's your life, your money's not worth a jot.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Well maybe friends and family are understandable, but you don't tell your WIFE? What kind of weird relationship are you in?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Well maybe friends and family are understandable, but you don't tell your WIFE? What kind of weird relationship are you in?
                    Agreed, after such an impressive accomplishment what a shame not to be able to share with nearest and dearest. By the sounds of it, I'd consider bailing.

Comment

Working...
                    X