• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Credit Crunch Crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Credit Crunch Crime

An item on the German news last night implied that crime is on the up and up in the UK due to the credit crunch and Christmas. Apparently within the last month there have been over 80 armed robberies on security guards transporting money and they are expecting more to follow. Bank robberies however, have dramatically reduced due to the amount of high tech security now in them. So according to Scotland Yard, if you see a security guard van or men with those money boxes near a cash outlet and there seems to be a few people hanging around them or a car full of 'geezers' then call the Polis. Alternatively, once they have pulled off the robbery follow them and rob them, plan B, sorted.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    An item on the German news last night implied that crime is on the up and up in the UK due to the credit crunch and Christmas. Apparently within the last month there have been over 80 armed robberies on security guards transporting money and they are expecting more to follow. Bank robberies however, have dramatically reduced due to the amount of high tech security now in them. So according to Scotland Yard, if you see a security guard van or men with those money boxes near a cash outlet and there seems to be a few people hanging around them or a car full of 'geezers' then call the Polis. Alternatively, once they have pulled off the robbery follow them and rob them, plan B, sorted.
    Lack of cash actually in the bank
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

That reminds of a true story during the HyperInflation years of the German Weimer Repubic- a women carrying two baskets of HyperInflated notes went into the Bakers - she left a basket of money outside.

When she came out the shop somebody had stolen her basket and dumped all the inflated German banknotes !!!

the credit crunch and Christmas.

So is Lord HawHaw of the German media now of the opinion that Christmas is repsonsible for Crime ?

We have Christmas every year in Britain !
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 December 2008, 08:57.

Comment

There was a story on the Danish news the other day where someone had crashed a forklift into a bank one night, but not got away with anything. I laughed at the report and commented "amateurs". Girly questioned what I meant, and I explained how one robs a bank at night using a forklift. And it being a quite common crime in the UK. Also why they failed, (you could see on the report it was because they'd not set the forklift up properly before the run in). Long and short, girly being a police officer, had me go to work with her and explain to that team how one robs a bank with a forklift, what one should look out for: reports of forklifts stolen, reports of forklifts being abandoned in side streets, etc. etc.

So, it looks like the credit crunch is encouraging enterprise and exports from the UK, also that the kind of intelligence led police operation is ready and waiting too.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          There was a story on the Danish news the other day where someone had crashed a forklift into a bank one night, but not got away with anything. I laughed at the report and commented "amateurs". Girly questioned what I meant, and I explained how one robs a bank at night using a forklift. And it being a quite common crime in the UK. Also why they failed, (you could see on the report it was because they'd not set the forklift up properly before the run in). Long and short, girly being a police officer, had me go to work with her and explain to that team how one robs a bank with a forklift, what one should look out for: reports of forklifts stolen, reports of forklifts being abandoned in side streets, etc. etc.

So, it looks like the credit crunch is encouraging enterprise and exports from the UK, also that the kind of intelligence led police operation is ready and waiting too.
          A pity you didn't educate the robbers for a cut?

Plan B : educating robbers in use of forklifts?

Comment

Yes its a form of Social Diversity training - also if the crooks are trained up then there is less chance of injury to themselves or the hard wokrin public whilst operating the forklift.

Health and Safety mate.

Comment

Maybe there is a deeper meaning in all this: the crooks don't want Pounds, or Euros for that matter, but prefer to blag themselves some Danish kroner?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Lack of cash actually in the bank
                Beat me to it!
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Beat me to it!
                  Even if there is cash in the bank, once you’ve shipped it on a small speedboat to Senegal, and then in a container to Brazil to enjoy your takings in an extradition-free zone, it will have devalued to the point that you’ll struggle to find a money changer who’ll give you much more than one cruzeiro per pound, and you might just as well have robbed a bank in South America.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Even if there is cash in the bank, once you’ve shipped it on a small speedboat to Senegal, and then in a container to Brazil to enjoy your takings in an extradition-free zone, it will have devalued to the point that you’ll struggle to find a money changer who’ll give you much more than one cruzeiro per pound, and you might just as well have robbed a bank in South America.
                    Cough. I tried changing pounds in a third world country just after Sterling popped out of the ERM. Everyone was asking for USD instead.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X