• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar-Land Rover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar-Land Rover

Jaguar in line for taxpayer bail-out

Jaguar in line for taxpayer bail-out.

Ministers and executives from the car firm are now in daily contact as they attempt to agree some form of state assistance for the Indian-owned firm.
    yes, I know it's British jobs at stake, but WTF should the UK bail out an Indian firm when India have been aggressively competing against us for so long?

Surely ownership carries some responsibility when hard times come?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

We are subsidising their space programme, so why not?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      We are subsidising their space programme, so why not?
      Why not just f**k building big expensive bad taste cars that no-one can afford and refit the factories to join in with the Indian space program?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Let them collapse, then part fund someone in the UK to buy the factory as a going concern, it will cost the same and the place will be UK owned again.

This country is totally buggered with these nutters in charge.

Comment

There was unconfirmed rumours this morning that gordon brown is going to spend the afternoon standing on top of the houses of parliament throwing bundles of tenners to the masses below. Apparently he intends to do this until we start spending again.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It should be allowed to go to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              throwing bundles of tenners to the masses below.
              The masses would appreciate it if it was euros....

Comment

so Tata want us to bail them (Land Rover and Jag) out at the same time they announce they are sponsering Ferrari next year in F1

Comment

Made the Mash though...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

indian space programme, mmmmmm zero gravity balti
                    "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Working...
                    X