• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be seen, be safe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be seen, be safe

I saw a sticker on the back of another cyclists helmet this morning. It said "Be seen, be safe".

I thought how laudable.

Yet, if the car drivers are not looking, how can one be seen in the first place?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I think what he meant was have high visibility clothing on...something like.

SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Yet, if the car drivers are not looking, how can one be seen in the first place?
      If you are nubile with a nice @rse they will be looking.

I'm only guessing, but that doesn't apply to you though, does it.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        If you are nubile with a nice @rse they will be looking.

I'm only guessing, but that doesn't apply to you though, does it.
        If it does apply to you then please post here.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

cows!

SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Anybody noticed how many people ride bikes with no lights or reflectors on. How exactly am I supposed to spot some nob head weaving about in the road if I can't see him. Surely this raises the chances of him getting away uninjured.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I had a real fright and some knob had a lucky escape a couple of weeks ago. Drove around a poorly lit blind corner late at night and right smack in the middle of the road weaving all over the place was a black bloke dressed all in black on an unlit bike. Some people deserve what they get, which is I'm glad last year's proposed change in the law to make it always the vehicle driver's fault when involved in a accident with a bicycle went no further.

Comment

Then again there are some car drivers who just dont look. The amount of idiots who use the "sorry mate I didnt see you" excuse, when they realy mean they were not paying attention.

I often wonder why I need my head light on when riding my motorbike. Drivers seem to see poorly lit trucks and busses.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Drove around a poorly lit blind corner late at night and right smack in the middle of the road weaving all over the place was a black bloke dressed all in black on an unlit bike. .
                  You should really improve your driving skills. I mean, missing him is inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    ...a black bloke dressed all in black on an unlit bike. Some people deserve what they get.
                    Quite. It can't be that difficult to get hold of luminous white facepaint these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X